7.20.2009

The weather this summer in Virginia has been absolutely wonderful!!! Much different from the summer we experienced here last year, this summer has been warm but not at all humid...a nice change from Alabama summers. This excellent weather has gotten us searching for any and all outdoor activities we can find - and they are bountiful around here! A few weeks ago I joined some friends for a Sunday afternoon picnic and polo match at King's Family Winery (sadly, Dave was working). I was so excited about seeing a polo match for the first time. It was so neat! You definitely have to pay attention, as we found out the hard way. These horses do not slow down if the ball ends up near you so you have to be quick to your feet!! Halfway through the match, we got to stomp the divets. It totally felt like Pretty Woman!! Like always, I found myself in disbelief at how beautiful the mountains are around here. What a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon!!!






Dave and I also recently visited yet another winery with our bestest of friends Zach and Lindsey. We sound like a bunch of winos!!! This time we ventured to Veritas for Starry Nights. This is held once a month from June - September. Everyone brings a picnic, blanket, chairs, etc for a night under the stars with good wine and entertainment!! The night we went there was a Beatles cover band ("Abbey Road") performing so I absolutely loved that. Once it gets dark, a big bonfire commences! I was amazed at the number of people in attendance - it was quite the event. But the winery is huge and there was plenty of room to spread out. Hoping to make it once more this summer!



2 comments:

  1. I love a winery...I've only been to one in my lifetime and that was in CA, but so so memorable! Loved it!

    Sounds like you guys are having a great summer. Enjoy that nice weather, it's 99 degrees and very humid here in Jackson, MS. Most outside activites for us involve water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooooooooo jealous! Picnic, wine, scenery and lovas...so great! I miss you terribly. Perhaps I should call you and tell you that. Miss you and love you and I will see you at the reunion very soon!!!

    LT

    ReplyDelete