1.24.2010

Match Day - Round 2


Match Day 2008

It's hard to believe it is already interview season again for Dave - it feels like we just did all of this! Dave is smack dab in the middle of interviewing for nephrology fellowship, which he will begin in June 2011. Unlike the residency match where we found out where we were moving a mere two months before we needed to be there, this time we get to know for a whole year where this next step will be taking us. So, just thought I'd go ahead and list our potential residences for the next 2-3 years (or longer, who knows??)

You may find the Bains clan living in...(in no particular order, of course)

1. Charlottesville, VA
2. Baltimore, MD
3. Durham, NC
4. Chapel Hill, NC
5. Winston-Salem, NC
6. Birmingham, AL
7. Atlanta, GA

As Dave is only about halfway through his interviews, he currently does not have any sort of rank-order list. Luckily, I visited most of these places with him during residency interviews so I have not been accompanying him this time around. I feel like we are really torn about where to move...we love living in Charlottesville but with Baby Bains on the way I do feel like I'd like to be closer to our families. However, with that said, I also want Dave to do his fellowship at the best possible place! We'll find out in June where he matched...so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! Keep us posted...I would like to see number 6 on your list as number 1 on the priority list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I love Charlottesville and would come visit you anywhere but I have to vote for number 7.... free babysitting!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete